A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Trying to weary God

Listen, O house of David!
Is it not enough for you to weary people,
must you also weary my God?


Thus says Isaiah in today’s first reading (Isaiah 7:10-14; 8:10c).

The same may be said of many of us.

God is infinite, omnipotent, and eternal, of course, and cannot truly weary.

But we certainly do try.

May we follow the example of the Blessed Virgin Mary’s humility and obedience in today’s Gospel (Luke 1:26-38):

Behold, I am the handmaid of the Lord.

May it be done to me according to your word.