A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Friday, March 20, 2009

“Sinners stumble”

Let him who is wise understand these things;
let him who is prudent know them.
Straight are the paths of the LORD,
in them the just walk,
but sinners stumble in them.

We hear these words today’s first reading (Hosea 14:2-10).

We experience this reality all too often.

We know, especially in retrospect, that so many of the stumbles in our lives were directly caused by specific sins.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the living God, be merciful to me – a sinner.

Return to the LORD;
Say to him, "Forgive all iniquity,
and receive what is good....”

I will heal their defection, says the LORD,
I will love them freely;
for my wrath is turned away from them.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the living God, be merciful to me – a sinner.