A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Sunday, December 28, 2008

Help them grow

The last verse of today’s Gospel (Luke 2:22-40) on today’s Feast of the Holy Family gives us the briefest glimpse of our Lord’s childhood years.

The child grew and became strong,
filled with wisdom;
and the favor of God was upon him.


Ultimately, of course, it is God who enables growth, but no matter what role you and I may have in families or in the life of children, you and I each have given parts to play in facilitating the growth of others, most especially children.

On this Feast of the Holy Family and in the new year ahead, may you and I exercise those roles well, by the grace of God, and help them grow.