A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Monday, October 06, 2008

This is not our idea

Some people, liberals and conservatives, twist the Gospel to suit their ideology or personal preferences, as if it were just a human idea.

In today’s first reading (Galatians 1:6-12), Saint Paul gives us clear warnings.

There are some who are disturbing you
and wish to pervert the Gospel of Christ.


But even if we or an angel from heaven
should preach to you a gospel
other than the one that we preached to you,
let that one be accursed!
As we have said before, and now I say again,
if anyone preaches to you a gospel
other than the one that you received,
let that one be accursed!

Am I now currying favor with human beings or God?
Or am I seeking to please people?
If I were still trying to please people,
I would not be a slave of Christ.

Now I want you to know, brothers and sisters,
that the Gospel preached by me is not of human origin.

For I did not receive it from a human being,
nor was I taught it,
but it came through a revelation of Jesus Christ.



May we always embrace the truth that comes from Christ.