A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Sunday, October 12, 2008

Living through the ups and downs

In the last decade or so, many have enjoyed delightful prosperity.

In the last year or so, and especially in the last few weeks, many have been afflicted or frightened by the specter of economic and financial disaster.

The words of Saint Paul in today’s second reading (Philippians 4:12-14, 19-20) speak powerfully to us in these times.

I know how to live in humble circumstances;

I know also how to live with abundance.

In every circumstance and in all things
I have learned the secret of being well fed
and of going hungry,
of living in abundance
and of being in need.

I can do all things
in him who strengthens me.

Still, it was kind of you to share in my distress.

My God will fully supply whatever you need,
in accord with his glorious riches in Christ Jesus.


To our God and Father,
glory forever and ever.

Amen.