A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Saturday, August 30, 2008

Qualified?

I don’t know about you, but I am not always 100% sure about my abilities or my worthiness.

Saint Paul has good words for us in today’s first reading (1 Corinthians 1:26-31):

Consider your own calling, brothers and sisters.

Not many of you were wise by human standards,
not many were powerful,
not many were of noble birth.

Rather, God chose the foolish of the world
to shame the wise,
and God chose the weak of the world
to shame the strong,
and God chose the lowly and despised of the world,
those who count for nothing,
to reduce to nothing those who are something,
so that no human being might boast before God.

It is due to him that you are in Christ Jesus,
who became for us wisdom from God,
as well as righteousness,

sanctification,
and redemption,
so that, as it is written,
Whoever boasts, should boast in the Lord.