A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Incurable?

Why is my pain continuous,
my wound incurable, refusing to be healed?

So says the prophet Jeremiah in today’s first reading (Jeremiah 15:10, 16-21).

So too may we say at different times in our lives, because of physical or other personal afflictions.

What God says is that if we draw closer to him, we have undefeatable hope.

Thus the LORD answered me:
If you repent, so that I restore you,
in my presence you shall stand;
If you bring forth the precious without the vile,
you shall be my mouthpiece.
Then it shall be they who turn to you,
and you shall not turn to them;
And I will make you toward this people
a solid wall of brass.
Though they fight against you,
they shall not prevail,
For I am with you,
to deliver and rescue you, says the LORD.