Islamic-Catholic Liaison Committee statement
1) "From the inherent dignity of each human being stem fundamental rights and duties.
2) "Justice is a priority in our world. It requires, beyond the implementation of the existing legal provisions, the respect of the fundamental needs of individuals and peoples through an attitude of love, fraternity and solidarity. There can be no true and lasting peace without justice.
3) "Peace is a gift from God and also requires the commitment of all human beings, and particularly believers, who are called to be vigilant witnesses to peace in a world afflicted by violence in many forms.
4) "Christians and Muslims believe that God is compassionate and therefore they consider it their duty to show compassion towards every human person, especially the needy and the weak.
5) "Religions, if authentically practiced, effectively contribute in promoting brotherhood and harmony in the human family.
"The participants were honoured to be received by His Holiness Pope Benedict XVI, who encouraged them to continue their endeavours for tje promotion of justice and peace."