A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Friday, May 16, 2008

Political correctness versus Christ

In today’s Orwellian world, lip service is given to freedom of speech and freedom of religion while the increasingly heavy chains of political correctness strangle both the free exercise and expression of faith.

Thus says the Lord in today’s Gospel (Mark 8:34-9:1):

Whoever is ashamed of me and of my words
in this faithless and sinful generation,
the Son of Man will be ashamed of
when he comes in his Father’s glory with the holy angels.

No matter what political correctness or any "authority" on this earth may say, may you and I be faithful to the truth and faithful to Christ.