A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Thursday, December 13, 2007

Disgusting, pitiful, wretched

Crawling through scum and filth and decay.

So may one describe the life of worms and maggots.

And there are days when our own lives feel that way.

Yet even in those times, as we hear in today's first reading (Isaiah 41:13-20) , God is with us.

I am the LORD, your God,
who grasp your right hand;
It is I who say to you,
"Fear not,
I will help you."
Fear not, O worm Jacob,
O maggot Israel;
I will help you, says the LORD;
your redeemer is the Holy One of Israel.

Life is not always pleasant.

But the Lord is always with us.

May our hearts be always open to his presence and to the grace of his truth and his love.

(adapted from an earlier post)