A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Friday, October 26, 2007

I know what is right, but...

Most of the time, you and I know what is right and what is wrong, but sometimes it really doesn’t matter: we fail to do what is right and we end up doing things that are wrong.

We are not alone in this: even one of the greatest of Apostles had the same problem, as we hear in today’s first reading (Romans 7:18-25a):

For I do not do the good I want,
but I do the evil I do not want.

St. Paul goes on to talk about how, in his inner self, he delights in the law of God, but that in the rest of his body, it is a different story.

Yes, we know what that’s like.

Miserable one that I am!

But if we share in St. Paul’s frustration, we can also share in his hope and faith.

Who will deliver me from this mortal body?
Thanks be to God through Jesus Christ our Lord.