A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Saturday, September 15, 2007

The foremost sinner

In today’s first reading (1 Timothy 1:15-17), St. Paul identifies himself as the worst of sinners.

Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners.
Of these I am the foremost.
But for that reason I was mercifully treated,
so that in me, as the foremost,
Christ Jesus might display all his patience
as an example
for those who would come to believe in him
for everlasting life.

These are powerful words of hope for me, for my sinfulness and the memory of my sinfulness is always before me.

Powerful words of hope for us all.

Lord Jesus Christ, Son of the Living God, be merciful to me – a sinner.