A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Saturday, August 18, 2007

Bring the children to Jesus

In today’s first reading (Joshua 24:14-29), Moses’ successor Joshua makes this ringing declaration:

As for me and my household,
we will serve the LORD.

In today’s Gospel (Matthew 19:13-15), our Lord give this gentle command:

Let the children come to me, and do not prevent them;
for the Kingdom of heaven belongs to such as these.

There seems to be no shortage of things to do in our busy world, especially for those with families.

Today’s readings remind us that among the most important things for us to do as Christians is to bring children to Christ.

What can you and I do today – in our own households and beyond - to help a child come closer to Jesus?