A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Wednesday, December 13, 2006

Weary never again

Sometimes we just get tired.

Sometimes we feel worn out from the steady march of events in our lives.

Sometimes we feel overwhelmed by the burdens that have been thrown upon us.

Today's readings (Matthew 11:28-30 and Isaiah 40:25-31) give us hope and strength. Indeed, they feel like God himself singing hymns of encouragement to us.

Come to me,
all you who labor and are burdened,
and I will give you rest.

Take my yoke upon you
and learn from me,
for I am meek and humble of heart;
and you will find rest for yourselves.
For my yoke is easy,
and my burden light.

***

Do you not know
or have you not heard?

The LORD is the eternal God,
creator of the ends of the earth.

He does not faint nor grow weary,
and his knowledge is beyond scrutiny.

He gives strength to the fainting;
for the weak he makes vigor abound.

Though young men faint and grow weary,
and youths stagger and fall,
They that hope in the LORD
will renew their strength,
they will soar as with eagles' wings;
They will run and not grow weary,
walk and not grow faint.

May you and I walk more firmly in the Lord this day and every day of our lives: weary never again, but forever strong by the grace of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ.