A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Stem cells

(with apologies to Robert Bolt and St. Thomas More)

"I have one question which I’d like to ask the witness. That’s a scientific study you are holding, Richard. May I see it?

"'These data also mandate caution in the clinical application of HES cell–derived grafts, given their potential for phenotypic instability and undifferentiated expansion.' What is this?"

"Embryonic stem cells might cause brain tumors"

"Tumors? Why Richard, it profits a man nothing to give his soul for the whole world....But for tumors?"