A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Saturday, September 16, 2006

FACT: God may be calling you

"As you consider your life and where it is leading, ask for God’s help in discovering what His purpose is for you. Consider these words from Scripture:

"'For I know well
the plans I have for you,
says the LORD,
plans for your welfare,

not for woe!
Plans to give you

a future full of hope.

"'When you call me,

when you go to pray to me,
I will listen to you.
When you look for me
you will find me.
Yes, when you seek me with all your heart,
you will find me with you,
says the LORD...'
(Jeremiah 29: 11-14)

"In these difficult times in the Church, the people of God are looking for courageous young men who want to make the difference. The Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph is looking for Priestly candidates who are F.A.C.T.

"Faithful - Do you demonstrate a love for God and His Church?

"Available - Are you willing to give your life in service for God’s people?

"Contagious - Do you attract others through your character, example and leadership?

"Teachable - Are you humble and open to growth?

"F.A.C.T. - If you are Faithful, Available, Contagious, and Teachable, God may be calling you to the Priesthood.

"For more information about pursuing Priesthood in the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph, contact Fr. Steve Cook at (816) 756-1850 ext. 252 or vocations@diocesekcsj.org "

from the Vocations pages of the Diocese of Kansas City-St. Joseph