A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Thursday, July 20, 2006

Over-thinking

Sometimes we do not think deeply or carefully enough about things.

Sometimes we "over-think," especially when we come before the Lord in prayer.

Perhaps today is one of those times when we should come before the Lord in prayer and simply let his words from today's Gospel (Matthew 11:28-30) wash over us, again and again:

"Come to me,
all you who labor
and are burdened,
and I will give you rest.

"Take my yoke upon you
and learn from me,
for I am meek
and humble of heart;
and you will find rest for yourselves.

"For my yoke is easy,
and my burden light."