A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Tuesday, February 21, 2006

Prayer of a Single Person

Eternal God,
from my mother's womb
you have known and loved me
more than I can ever know.

I ask for the courage to live a holy life,
that your hand guide my decisions....

I ask for the wisdom
to know your will for me,
and like our Blessed Mother,
I ask for the strength to say yes.

May I find you in every person I meet,
and may my life
so shine forth your goodness and love
that each person may be led to you
through Jesus, your Son,
who is Lord, forever and ever.

Amen.


from the Vocations pages of the Diocese of Austin