A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Sunday, February 12, 2006

A Prayer for Discernment

Father,
I abandon myself

into your hands;
do with me what you will.

Whatever you may do,
I thank you:
I am ready for all,
I accept all.

Let only your will
be done in me,
and in all your creatures.

I wish
no more than this, O Lord.

Into your hands I commend my soul:
I offer it to you
with all the love of my heart,
for I love you, Lord,
and so need to give myself to you,
to surrender myself into your hands,
without reserve
and with boundless confidence,
for you are my Father.

Amen


Prayer of Abandonment by Blessed Charles de Foucauld

From the Vocations website of the Diocese of Savannah
Priesthood Ordination - Diocese of Savannah - June 5, 2005