A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Thursday, September 01, 2005

Joyful

Before"As a teenager, I was a joyful girl who had wonderful plans for the future. I was also excited about little things which were happening each day...

"(On New Year's Eve 1985) I was just listening to God. I still remember the picture of Blessed Mother with the Child Jesus in her arms. This place is still very special to me. I remember the time, 8:00 pm. AfterI also remember the people around me. I met young, joyful sisters, but there was something much more about that moment of my life besides the nice environment. This special hour changed me, my feelings about religious life, and my plans. I can't express how happy I was that night, happy not about little things, big plans, future or past. I was happy to leave these little and big things. I got excited about following God with empty hands, without plans for the future. I was grateful to Him for choosing me....

"I became a sister half a year later when I finished high school."


Sr. Magdalena

* * * * *

At prayer"As Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth, we are called to extend the Kingdom of God’s love among ourselves and others by living in the spirit of Jesus, whose lives were centered in the love of God and one another.

"We witness to this love by our vowed commitment lived in community, and through dedicated service to the Church, especially in ministry to families."

* * * * *

"We have a group of sisters who conduct weekend retreats for young women who may be contemplating religious life. In a prayerful, welcoming environment, you will be able to explore your possible vocation, and have your questions answered. You will be able to enjoy prayer, conversation, meals and leisure with the sisters."

The next Come & See Weekend Retreats are scheduled for September 10 and November 12, 2005.

More information is available at the Vocations page of the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth in Grand Prairie, Texas.