A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Friday, September 09, 2005

Be grateful, sinner

St. Paul’s words from today’s first reading (1 Tim. 1:1-2,12-14) are a tremendous encouragement to those of us who are painfully aware of our imperfections (I know I am) and also our call to be servants of God’s word.

I am grateful to him
who has strengthened me,
Christ Jesus our Lord,
because he considered me trustworthy
in appointing me to the ministry.


I was once a blasphemer and a persecutor
and an arrogant man,
but I have been mercifully treated
because I acted
out of ignorance
in my unbelief.

Indeed, the grace of our Lord

has been abundant,
along with the faith and love

that are in Christ Jesus.