A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Thursday, August 11, 2005

Forgiveness

Today’s Gospel reading (Mt. 18:21-19:1) should challenge us – perhaps even frighten us.

Through the infinite grace and mercies of our Lord and Savior Jesus Christ, we are forgiven the sins we have all committed against the perfect love and beauty of God.

So great is the forgiveness we receive!

Do we extend that forgiveness toward those who offend or harm us?

Or do we risk hearing these words at the Judgment?

You wicked servant!
I forgave you your entire debt
because you begged me to.
Should you not have had pity
on your fellow servant,
as I had pity on you?

May God have mercy on us all
and may we have mercy on each other.