A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Thursday, July 21, 2005

Closed?

In today’s Gospel (Mt. 13:10-17), our Lord repeats grim words from the prophet Isaiah:

They have closed their eyes,
lest they see with their eyes
and hear with their ears
and understand with their hearts
and be converted
and I heal them.

Do we close our eyes, our ears and our minds?
Have we stopped trying to understand our faith more deeply?
Do we think we do not have any need of conversion?
Have we grown numb to our need for healing?

“Amen, I say to you,
many prophets and righteous people
longed to see what you see but did not see it,
and to hear what you hear but did not hear it."


May you and I be ever more open to grace of our Lord Jesus Christ.