A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Friday, June 24, 2005

"It’s a high-risk pregnancy"

"You really should terminate it.

"I mean, look at the statistics: pregnancies later in life are much more likely to produce birth defects such a Downs Syndrome and worse.

"And besides, you and your husband really don’t have what it takes to raise a child. I mean, let’s be real. He’s already had a stroke or something: he can’t even speak!

"And what about you? You know how tired you get. Do you really think you can take care of a baby? And what happens when he gets older? Can you be chasing a toddler at your age? Can you picture yourself at PTA meetings? And do you really think you’ll be around when he’s ready for college?

"And besides, do you really want to bring a child into a world like this? What a nightmare.

"Anyway, I really think you should just end it. An abortion is very easy at this stage.

"Let’s talk about it after your cousin Mary comes to visit...."


* * * * * * *

When Elizabeth heard Mary's greeting,
the infant leaped in her womb,
and Elizabeth, filled with the holy Spirit,
cried out in a loud voice and said,
"Most blessed are you among women,
and blessed is the fruit of your womb.
And how does this happen to me,
that the mother of my Lord should come to me?
For at the moment the sound of your greeting
reached my ears,
the infant in my womb leaped for joy.

"Blessed are you who believed
that what was spoken to you by the Lord
would be fulfilled."

Luke 1:41-45


Today the Church celebrates
the Birth of John the Baptist.



(Pray for the victims of abortion and for the women who are tempted.)