We must pray for Terri, her parents, and those who cry for her: that the Lord may be good to them in his mercy.
We should pray for those who sought her death: that they may have true repentance and contrition (appropriate investigations must continue, of course).
We must focus our energies to help people like Terri in the future through
- Serious public education and evangelization
- Doing what we can to coordinate private and public resources so that people in Terri’s condition can always receive care
- Lobbying for appropriate legislation on state and federal levels
- Electing legislators at all levels who will work effectively for a true “culture of life”
- Working for the selection or election of local judges who in such cases are diligent in their finding of fact and faithful in their interpretation of law.