A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Saturday, January 01, 2005

The choice of one's life

"O Lord Jesus Christ,
God of Wisdom and Counsel,
See in my heart
the sincere desire to please You.

"Guide me
in the choice of my future state of life.

"May I choose my vocation
in the light of Your holy will.

"Grant me the grace
to know my vocation
and to follow it.

"May I seek to promote Your glory,
to work out my salvation,
and to merit that heavenly reward
which You have promised
to those who do Your holy will.
Amen."


from the Vocations website
of the Diocese of Harrisburg