A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Tuesday, November 23, 2004

Tolkien Evangelization

Nârwen at Quenta Nârwenion points out an interesting article in the Pittsburgh Catholic about six priests of the Diocese who entered the Catholic Church as adults.

One of the priests, Father David Poecking, gives some credit to J.R.R. Tolkien in his conversion.

"When I saw the Catholic faith, especially in the liturgy, I began to recognize in that what Tolkien had been writing about....

"That was I think the foundation, my falling in love with the Catholic Church, with Christ as revealed, especially in the sacraments."