A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Monday, June 21, 2004

Turn from your evil ways

and keep my commandments and my statutes,
according to all the law that I commanded your fathers
and that I sent to you by my servants the prophets."


Nevertheless they would not hear but hardened their necks like the necks of their fathers who did not believe in the LORD their God. And they rejected his statutes and his covenant that he made with their fathers, and his testimonies that he testified against them;
and they followed vanity, and became vain, and went after the heathen around about them, whom the LORD had told them not to imitate....
Therefore the LORD was very angry...
and removed them out of his sight...

2 Kings 17:13b-15,18a