A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Thursday, June 24, 2004

Do not be afraid of them

For I am with you to deliver you," declares the LORD.

Then the LORD stretched out His hand
and touched my mouth, and the LORD said to me,
"Behold, I have put My words in your mouth.

"See, I have appointed you this day
over the nations and over the kingdoms,
To pluck up and to break down,
To destroy and to overthrow,
To build and to plant."

"Now, gird up your loins and arise,
and speak to them all which I command you.
Do not be dismayed before them,
or I will dismay you before them.

"Now behold, I have made you today as a fortified city
and as a pillar of iron and as walls of bronze
against the whole land,
to the kings of Judah, to its princes,
to its priests and to the people of the land.

"They will fight against you,
but they will not overcome you,
for I am with you to deliver you," declares the LORD.

Jeremiah 1:8-19