A Penitent Blogger

Mindful of my imperfections, seeking to know Truth more deeply and to live Love more fully.

Quid sum miser tunc dicturus? Quem patronum rogaturus? Cum vix iustus sit securus?
Recordare, Iesu pie, Quod sum causa tuae viae: Ne me perdas illa die...

Wednesday, June 09, 2004

Are the Commandments old-fashioned?

"Do not think that I have come to destroy the law or the prophets:
I have not come to destroy, but to fulfill.
For truly I say to you,
until heaven and earth pass away,
not one iota or dot of the law will pass away
until all is fulfilled.

Therefore, whoever breaks one of these least commandments
and teaches people to do so
shall be called least in the kingdom of heaven:

but whoever does them and teaches them
shall be called great in the kingdom of heaven."

Matthew 5:17-19